Patch 2.2 – Through the Maelstrom is scheduled for release on the 27th of March 2014.
- New story quests
- New Hildebrand quests
- Hide quests from the HUD duty list
The Amdapor Township
- A new dungeon called ‘Ruins of Amdapor‘ will be added.
Binding Coil of Bahamut
- The weekly restriction that currently prevents players from clearing turns 1 – 5 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut more than once a week will be removed.
- Turns 1 – 5 of the Binding Coil will be available through the Duty Finder, but only with a full party.
- Players may now proceed directly to any turn of the Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- Four new turns will be added.
- The likelihood that players will be paralyzed by the attack High Voltage has been reduced. Furthermore, the paralysis effect can now be removed by spells such as Esuna.
- When exiting the Eorzean Subterrane, players will now be transported to Fallgourd Float in North Shroud.
- Players will only appear in the area following the completion of Turn 5 when cleared for the first time.
* With a later update, the Echo buff will be applied to all party members upon incapacitation. Moreover, a full party will no longer be required to register via the Duty Finder.
- Hard Mode added
- Hard Mode added
Labyrinth of the Ancients
- Gil is now rewarded to players
Haukke Manor (Hard)
- Items dropped by enemies have been added.
- The potency of Plaincracker used by Megalith Marionette has been reduced.
- Bloodlappers will no longer spawn during the battle with Demon Wall.
- The potency of Imminent Catastrophe and Bubonic Cloud used by Anantaboga has been reduced.
- Overall difficulty has been adjusted to match that of Copperbell Mines (Hard) and Haukke Manor (Hard).
- The number of enemies has been reduced.
- The attack power, HP, and behavior of enemies, as well as certain dungeon mechanics have been adjusted.
- Symond the Unsinkable’s HP has been increased, while the number of zombie war hounds has been decreased.
- The attack power and HP of zu cockerels and zu pullets that spawn during the battle with the Zu has been decreased.
- The attack power and HP of zombie storm privates that spawn during the battle with Siren has been decreased.
- The potency of Siren’s abilities, and the duration of their effects have been decreased.
- Additional rewards have been added to the Howling Eye (Extreme), the Navel (Extreme), and the Bowl of Embers (Extreme)
- Players will now receive the power of the Echo in the event all party members are incapacitated during certain trials.
* Echo increases HP, attack power, and healing potency
The Whorleater (Leviathan)
- The Whorleater Hard Mode
- The Whorleater Extreme Mode
- Extreme Mode added
- Although nothing has been mentioned of what role Gilgamesh will play in 2.2, he was featured at the end of the patch 2.2 trailer.
- Small Free Company houses will be doubled in size.
- Small free Company houses will have basements.
- The maximum number of furnishings for a small house has been increased from 50 to 100.
- Crafting facilities have been added.
- Placing one of the following in your estate will allow crafters level 40 or below to use these facilities to increase their CP for a fixed period of time.
- Woodworking Bench / Smithing Bench / Armorcraft Bench / Goldsmithing Bench / Leatherworking Bench / Clothcraft Loom / Alchemy Furnace / Cooking Stove
- Gardening for Free Company estates.
- Players can now set a summoning bell in their estate to call a retainer.
- Players can now obtain permits to place merchant shops on their estate property.
Three permits are available for purchase: material supplier permits, junkmonger permits, and mender permits. The race and gender of the merchant can be selected after the shop has been established.
Beast Tribe Quests
- Kobold and Sahagin Beast Tribe daily quests will be added. New mounts and minions confirmed.
- The much awaited Glamour (Vanity) System will be implemented
- New Hairstyles
- Can be used on all gear the same or lower equipment level than your current gear.
- After using a glamour prism, the gear being copied can be entrusted to your retainer.
- As long as the base gear and the gear being copied occupy the same number of gear slots, you can copy the appearance of any gear equippable by your current class or job.
Disciple of Land/Hand
- New advanced crafting recipes
- Crafters will be able to alter gear designs using a “template” system (official name TBD)
- New fishing challenges
- Changing of the graphics of the tables and workbenches that appear when you begin to craft with Luminary tools
- Free Company Alliance System, multiple Free Companies join together to share chat and other things.
- Free Companies with an estate can hire out a retainer
- In the event a free company master does not log in for 35 days (Earth time), ownership will be automatically transferred to another free company member, based upon the following criteria:
- The amount of free company credits received for free company member actions has been increased.
- The amount of free company credits received for treasure hunts has been increased.
- New items are now available from Grand Company quartermasters.
- Provisioning and supply missions have received the following adjustments:
- Players will now earn free company credits for delivering items.
- The base experience received for delivering items has been increased.
- The bonus for delivery of items in high demand (those marked with a star icon) has been increased from 50% to 100%.
- Items in high demand will appear with greater frequency.
- Tomato pie is no longer accepted for supply missions.
- Lesser quantities of fish will be requested for provisioning missions.
- Expert delivery missions have received the following changes:
- Players will now earn free company credits for delivering items.
- The base experience received for delivering items has been increased. In accordance with this change, the bonus for delivery of HQ items has been removed.
- Certain high level gear will now be accepted for expert delivery missions.
- Certain seasonal event and quest items will no longer be accepted for expert delivery missions.
- New currency: Allagan Tomestones of Soldiery
- The weekly limitation on Allagan tomestones of mythology has been removed.
- New Relic weapon upgrade
- Allagan tomestones of philosophy are no longer obtainable.
- The NPC Auriana in Revenant’s Toll will now give players the option to exchange Allagan tomestones of philosophy for Allagan tomestones of mythology.
- Items which required Allagan tomestones of philosophy can no longer be obtained from the NPC Auriana.
- The challenge log has been added.
- The challenge log contains a list of adventuring objectives across a wide range of categories. Completing any one of these objectives will earn you rewards. Completion status is reset on a weekly basis on Tuesday at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), and it is possible to undertake the challenges repeatedly. Additional rewards can be earned for overall completion of the challenge log.
- Action help text has been adjusted as follows:
- Skill timers will no longer reset when changing classes in residential areas.
- Limit break effects will now always display regardless of battle effect settings in the Character Configuration menu.
- Return can no longer be used when engaged with an enemy.
- Chocobo companions have been adjusted as follows:
- Players can now ride their chocobo even after it has been summoned as a companion.
- When targeting your chocobo companion, the Mount subcommand is now available.
- The summoning time for chocobo companions is now 30 minutes regardless of rank.
- The spawn rate of monsters in the following areas has been adjusted:
- Western Thanalan – Halfstone
- Western La Noscea – Sapsa Spawning Grounds
- Outer La Noscea – Iron Lake
- Outer La Noscea – U’Ghamaro Mines
- Improvements made to the frequency with which player positioning is updated in patch 2.1 will now apply to all instances.
*Any Allagan tomestones of philosophy obtained prior to patch 2.2 will not be lost. All trials and duties that formerly yielded Allagan tomestones of philosophy will now offer either Allagan tomestones of mythology or Allagan tomestones of soldiery.
Retainer ventures are now available.
Players can now assign their retainers ventures, which send retainers out into the field to procure items.
- The difficulty of the following guildleves has been increased:
- New rewards have been added to certain battlecraft and fieldcraft leves.
* The frequency with which existing rewards appear has been adjusted.
- The casting bar no longer appears after surveying target areas during certain fieldcraft leves.
- Guildleve progress will now appear on screen when engaging enemies during a battlecraft escort leve.
- To address an issue wherein NPCs become stuck during battlecraft escort leves, NPC movement will be reset 20 seconds after using the /beckon emote.
A Guest for Supper / Barley Legal / The Missing Merchant / It’s Hard Being Moogle / Man the Ore / Rope a ‘Lope / Run, Run Away / Woodcross Busydeal / Clearing Steer
- The difficulty of the following FATEs will be lowered as the number of participants decreases:
- The HP of enemies in the following FATEs will increase as the number of participants increases:
- It will be easier to obtain a gold rating for the following FATEs:
Steel Reign / Behold Now Behemoth / He Taketh It with His Eyes
- The FATE “A Wrench in the Works” in the Eastern Shroud has been relocated from (X:28, Y:20) to (X:29, Y:21)
- The following items obtainable from FATEs are no longer classified as unique items:
- Flamefang Choker (Quenching the Flame)
- Proto Armor Identification Key (A Wrench in the Works)
- Kafre’s Tusk (What a Boar)
A Wrench in the Works / What a Boar / Quenching the Flame / Sharknado / Tail of a Whale / Watch Your Tongue / The Miner in the Mirror / Making the Rounds
Behold Now Behemoth / He Taketh It with His Eyes
- Treasure hunt rewards have been adjusted as follows:
- New item rewards have been added for timeworn boarskin and peisteskin treasure maps.
- Allagan tomestones of philosophy will no longer be received.
- Allagan tomestones of mythology will be received in increased quantities.
- Allagan tomestones of soldiery will now be received.
The Wolves’ Den
- Players of similar PvP ranking will now be prioritized when queuing for the Wolves’ Den.
- * The target range will increase over time if suitable players cannot be found.
- The price in Wolf Marks for warwolf gear has been reduced.
- The PvP rank required to equip direwolf gear has been reduced.
- The changes made to PvP rank requirements for direwolf gear are as follows:
|Accessories||Rank 30 or above||Rank 20 or above|
|Feet/Waist||Rank 30 or above||Rank 22 or above|
|Head/Hands||Ranks 30 or above||Rank 24 or above|
|Legs||Rank 30 or above||Rank 26 or above|
|Chest||Rank 30 or above||Rank 28 or above|
|Weapons/Shields||Rank 30 or above||Rank 30 or above (no change)|
The Master category has been added under Special Recipes.
To access recipes in the Master category, players must change class to a level 50 Disciple of the Hand, then use the master recipe book for that particular class. There are 15 master recipe books, and roughly a hundred master recipes in total.
Two types of master recipe books are available, which can be obtained by speaking with the following NPCs in Revenant’s Toll (X:22, Y:6).
- Master Recipe Books for Glamours
- Master Recipe Books for Crafting